We offer lots of ways for you to be active, creative and social...
- We run a donations café where everyone is welcome - open Monday to Saturday, 10:30-3:30, offering hot drinks, homemade cakes, and other tasty goods.
- We offer a wide range of creative and wellbeing classes - both weekly classes, and short courses. Visit our What's on page to find out what fun activities are coming up!
- Our new men's programme, Connections, is supporting men to cope with what life throws at them through regular meet-ups and other activities. Visit the Connections page for all the details.
- We run regular exhibitions which showcase the arts and crafts from local artists, for more information visit our Exhibitions page.
- We host the Community Pantry – a store cupboard in front of our entrance full of food, toiletries and other essentials. Please take what you need in an emergency or if things are tight before pay day. We also welcome any contributions you're able to make. It's open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- We run a Memory Café for people with dementia and Alzheimer's (and a family member/carer) – an opportunity to take part in crafts and games. See our What's On page for more info.
- We run our very own Repair Café, where people can drop in with anything that needs fixing or repairing, and our expert repairers will see what they can do - all in exchange for a donation. See more at Repair Café.
- We offer affordable venue hire for a range of classes, courses and workshops. Find our more on our Venue Hire page.
Sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date on everything that's going on.
As a charity, we’re run almost entirely by volunteers, with a very small staff team doing very few hours. We rely on income from venue hire, exhibitions, classes, donations, grants and other fundraising to cover our costs. A big thank you to our volunteers and the many local people and organisations whose generosity, support and goodwill help to keep the door open. Read about our supporters here.
Here are just a few of the team who make it all happen. Left to right: Joan (one of the founders and manager extraordinaire!), Iain (volunteer coordinator and do-er of all sorts) and Lily (first-class fundraiser and events organiser). Read about Joan's amazing Berkhamsted Rotary Centenary Civic Award for 2021 - we're so proud of her!