Welcome to Open Door
Open Door is a safe and welcoming community and arts space in Berkhamsted, where people enjoy being active, creative and sociable.
- Our donations café is closed until further notice.
- We've turned our Home Comforts exhibition into a virtual exhibition. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram, where we're sharing the work of local artists every day. Or visit our Exhibitions page.
- While we're closed, we running a wide range of online creative and wellbeing classes. Visit our What's on page to find out what fun activities are coming up!
- We'll be delivering meals to vulnerable and self-isolating people twice a week with Berko Food for Friends from 19 January. Email us at email@example.com to find out more.
- We host the Community Pantry – a store cupboard in front of our entrance full of food, toiletries and other essentials. Please take what you need in an emergency or if things are tight before pay day. We also welcome any contributions you're able to make. It's open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Be part of an exciting textiles project. Led by our amazing volunteer, Teri, we're creating a banner depicting much-loved places in Berkhamsted. Get the lowdown on the Get involved page.
- When we're able to open, we run a Memory Café for people with dementia and Alzheimer's, and their family member/carer every Friday, from 10.30am to 12noon. It's an opportunity to take part in crafts, games and other activities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place.
Can you support our work?
Everything we do is funded by grants and donations. If you’d like to help us support the most vulnerable and isolated people in our community, you can make a one-off or monthly donation. Thank you so much!
"There’s a wonderful energy at Open Door. Tea & cake served with a smile, and such a variety of things to do! This is a real gem in Berkhamsted." Robyn